When you look in the mirror, what do you notice about your skin? Do you wish your face had a more even skin tone? Would you like to improve the texture of your skin and eliminate fine lines and wrinkles? If you’re ready to look as radiant on the outside as you feel on the inside, it may be time to consider a chemical peel.
The Equinox CO2 Fractional Laser peel can produce glowing, youthful results by resurfacing the surface of your facial skin. It works by heating and then ablating the top layer of your skin, revealing the healthier, more youthful layer of skin below.
What can the Equinox CO2 do for you?
- Lighten dark spots. Does your skin have dark, discolored spots from sun damage, acne and aging? The Equinox can help to lighten these spots and correct the tone of your entire face.
- Shrink pores. As we age, our skin loses elasticity, causing our pores to stretch. This can make the skin look uneven in tone and color and can make pores clog more easily, causing blemishes and blackheads.
- Reduce wrinkles. Because wrinkles are creases in the skin, they can often become clogged with oil, dead skin and products like cosmetics. This makes them appear deeper and more pronounced. By removing the top layer of skin, the Equinox eliminates that trapped-in buildup, revealing diminished wrinkles that appear softer and shallower.
- Regenerate collagen. Thanks to the heat used in the chemical peeling process, patients can expect an increase in collagen growth in the year following their procedure. This firms the skin, making it appear more taut and youthful, and helping to slow the growth of new and existing wrinkles.
- Remove precancerous and benign skin lesions. The Equinox laser can be used to focus on specific areas of the skin with lesions. When the beam is aimed at these areas, the heat of the laser causes them to burst and dissipate. When the skin heals they will no longer be present on the newer layers of skin.
What should I expect?
The Equinox laser peel is considered a “controlled injury.” The laser essentially injures your skin, and the treatment following the procedure helps heal it and regenerate newer, younger skin. Following your treatment, you should expect some discomfort for up to one to two weeks. You should plan on staying indoors, out of the sun for at least two to three days following your procedure. You may be asked to apply a protective ointment to your skin to keep it moisturized and help it heal faster. You may experience mild redness for up to six months following your procedure, but most patients can easily hide this with cosmetics.
If you’re interested in learning more about the Equinox CO2 Fractional Laser peel, give Dr. Chau’s office a call at 888-966-9471.